We accept orders of Kawari-nuri to your fountain pens.
The pens must have no clips or the clips should be removable to be lacquered.
Kawarinuri items start at 30000JPY
Designs incorporating [large quantities of] mother of pearl start at 40000JPY
These prices are approximate, as the exact price will fluctuate based on the specifics of the design.
Thanks to all of you ,my valued customers, my current work backlog has increased dramatically. Unfortunately, I am going to have to put all new orders on a waiting list, until further notice. I am not currently scheduling work until after I have informed each individual customer in writing that I am ready to begin work.
Shipping time will be between 4 to 8 weeks after my receipt of a pen. The waiting list for my acceptance of the orders themselves is currently two month, making the total waiting time between 8 to 12 weeks. Thank you for your understanding, patience and continued patronage.
I apologize in advance for my directness in emphasizing the following two explicit restrictions I place on all orders:
⁕ I will not accept requests to mimic the work of another craftsman or company. In other words, if you send me a picture of a pen made by another company or finished by another craftsman and ask me to finish a pen for you, " like the one in this picture," I will refuse your request and our dialog will go no further.
⁕ I will not accept requests to apply images or designs of objects or animals in Raden, Rankaku or other materials. As I emphasize below, I ask you to select from within my designs as shown in my Instagram feed and on my website.
I have developed my own personal designs with roots in traditional Tsugaru-nuri, and when you reach out to me to finish a pen, I ask you to do so with the interest in owning BOKUMONDOH piece, not a lacquered pen of some other company or craftsman's design, prepared by BOKUMONDOH. For any new designs, or designs not included on my page or in my Instagram pages, I will accommodate requests only in Japanese language or from people whom I have met in person before I ask for, and appreciate your consideration in this regard.
The following is a description of how my process now works:
1. Select the design you prefer from within those shown on the BOKUMONDOH webpage or in my Instagram account archives.
2. Send me a written request telling me the make and model of the pen you would like me to lacquer, with the specifics of your work content request. Please do include links to the photos showing the design you are interested in. I must ask you to confirm physically that you can remove any clips or roll stops. In your request, please make sure to include a note stating that you have confirmed that any clips or roll stops can be removed.
Pens with removable clip list by fudefan
※Regarding requests to lacquer pilot vanishin points: I will only accept requests from customers who remove the clip themselves before shipping the pen to me for work. Include the cap. And I will reattach it. But I will not attempt to remove it myself because it is a precarious and dangerous process that often damages the pen beyond repair.
3. After receiving your written request, I will send you a note confirming that I have received it, and asking you any questions I need to ask to confirm that I understand your work request.
4. Once we reach an agreement on the work content, I will send a final note (e-mail) signifying my agreement to perform the work you have requested.
5. Approximately four weeks after step 4, I will contact you to inform you that your order has come up in the queue.
6. After you receive the note (e-mail) I send you in step 5, you may ship the pen to me in Japan.
7. I receive the pen and send you a note confirming correlation of the pen and the work request that has been agreed upon between us. I need to emphasize that at this stage I will no longer accept any modifications to the work content that we have agreed upon. I will apologize in advance, but if at this stage you ask me to make any changes to the work we have agreed upon in step 4, I will return your pen to you with no work performed, and may not accept a work request from you in the future.
8. I start and complete the lacquering work.
9. Once I have completed the lacquering, I will send you a photo of the pen to make sure that you are satisfied with my work.
10. You send me a note (e-mail) confirming that you are satisfied with the work and telling me that you would like me to send you the pen.
11. I will send you the payment request via paypal.
12. You send me your payment.
13. I confirm receipt of your payment.
14. I ship the pen to you.(4 to 8 weeks)
When duty is levied for import of large numbers of pens shipped to Japan by customers from outside Japan, such duties that I will have to pay will be included in the purchase price of your order
Please rest assured that I will take the utmost care in handling your valued fountain pen, and will do my very best to fulfill your expectations in applying your new lacquer finish. However, please understand that as a natural material, lacquer presents very different appearances depending on the season. Mother or pearl as well has this nature. As a result, each finished pen will have a slightly different character. This very phenomenon is the allure of lacquer handicrafts.
Also, please understand that I perform the application process by myself, by hand, and as a result, the end product will almost definitely not look exactly like what you see in my photographs of past work. Further, depending on the pen model / material, pen size, angle from which a photograph has been taken, and lighting conditions, the appearance of the finished product can vary dramatically from photographs of past products fabricated in the same style. If you are not comfortable with these facts, I ask that you demur from engaging me for my artwork.